Understanding Google Main Principle & YMYL
E-E-A-T stands for experience, expertise, authority, and trustworthiness – four key factors that Google uses to determine if someone is qualified to provide advice on a particular topic. While these concepts are subjective and difficult for computers to measure directly, Google uses algorithms and human evaluators known as "Search Quality Raters" to assess websites based on proxies that indicate E-E-A-T.
Improving your E-E-A-T is essential for ranking well in search results. One effective way to enhance your 'About Us', ‘Contact Us’, ‘Privacy Statement’ pages.
Importance in Certain Industries
While some industries may not heavily rely on their 'About Us' pages, Google places greater scrutiny on websites in the "Your Money Your Life" category – those dealing with topics like finance or health. For such sites, Google wants assurance that the content creators are highly qualified. The YMYL concept is Google’s way of protecting users from the wild west of so called “experts” claiming to know the next great gig.
Your background matters when it comes to establishing credibility and expertise within these critical areas.
Leveraging Your 'About Us', ‘Contact Us’ Pages for Improved E-E-A-T
At Prophecy.Marketing, we understand the importance of focusing our copywriting efforts on engaging readers by addressing their motivations and needs rather than solely promoting ourselves. However, building strong Google SEO techniques requires striking a balance between user-centric content and highlighting your own company credentials.
Your 'About Us' page is an ideal place to showcase your expertise and credentials. By sharing your companies background, heritage and qualifications, you can establish trust with your audience while demonstrating that you have the necessary knowledge to provide valuable insights.
Factors Google Considers for E-E-A-T Assessment
While Google's algorithms evaluate various aspects of a website's E-E-A-T, we can gain insights into their assessment criteria from the "Google Search Quality Raters Guidelines." These guidelines provide valuable information on what Google looks for when evaluating your web pages.
- Experience: The companies or the individuals content that exists on the website. Does it have the in depth knowledge to really understand the concept of the
- Expertise: It is crucial to demonstrate expertise in a specific field by showcasing relevant credentials and qualifications. While formal expertise holds weight, personal experiences and stories can also contribute to establishing credibility (excluding medical advice).
- Authority: Building authority involves establishing a reputation within your niche or industry. This includes ensuring relevance between your website's content, author profile, and topic, maintaining proper credentials, and earning backlinks from reputable sources.
- Trust: Trustworthiness is assessed by evaluating not only the author and website but also the accuracy of the content itself. Accurate information supported by references and sources helps establish trust with readers. Additionally, maintaining secure website architecture enhances trustworthiness.
Crafting an Effective 'About Us' Page
Taking the time to create a compelling 'About Us' page can greatly enhance your site's web scores while providing potential customers with valuable insights into your brand. Here are some tips:
- Communicate Your Brand Story: Share how your brand came about, its mission, vision, and values – all while keeping it concise and customer-focused.
- Demonstrate Your E-E-A-T: Highlight qualifications such as years of experience, certifications, awards received – all framed in terms of how they benefit customers rather than mere accomplishments.
- Show Your Motives: Clearly articulate why you're in business beyond financial reasons; express what change you hope to make and the impact you want to create.
By following these guidelines, you can create an 'About Us' page that not only boosts your E-A-T but also resonates with potential customers and instills trust in your brand.
For more information on E-A-T, refer to Google's Search Quality Raters Guidelines. For other articles related to E-A-T and the importance of also placing content and keyword emphasis on your Privacy Statement, GDPR, Contact Us, About Us pages no name a few. Please see the following article.
At Prophecy.Marketing, we understand the importance of leveraging E-A-T principles for SEO success. Contact us today to learn how we can help enhance your online presence.